Saturday, February 19, 2011

I'm talking now

Dont tell me how to save myself
From truth or lies or anything else
Ive been there and done that
And I have a place to hang my hat

Ive been alone, Ive been with you
Nobody knows my color blue
Theres more to my story than youll ever see
But a clue, perhaps, or maybe three

My papa was a preacher man
Who touched his kids, his harem clan
When I got older I drank and screamed
A legion of demons tearing my seams

My mother said she never knew
She doesnt believe and neither do you
So I drank and drugged and abused myself
I just couldnt place it on the shelf

Ive been in places high and low
Met people you will never know
Searching, searching for my soul
Ending with an empty bowl

Half way around this earthly plane
I found that I was still the same
Strong, intelligent and above all defiant
Ive wrestled down the biggest giant

The lesson I share I lived and learned
Patience kept me from getting burned
You say you dont care what I think
Patience will bring me back from the brink

And even though you now hate me
Ill patiently wait till truth you see
So here I sit, listening to you
Trying to tell me what do

No comments:

Post a Comment